What’s Been Accomplished?
Many of you have expressed interest in knowing more about what the Pastor Search Team has been focused on since voted in by the church in late March. The following schedule captures many of the key events and action items that have taken place over the past 2-3 months. It has been a busy time for the team, a time of diligently, thoughtfully, and prayerfully following the Lord’s directions.
- 3/31: Search Team selected by church.
- 4/14: Kickoff meeting held with Pastor for prayer and consecration.
- 4/20: Search Team completed full-day training by Vanderbloemen facilitator.
- 4/20 – 5/5: Search processes and organizational guidelines established
- 5/5: Search update, including video of search team, provided to church body in morning services and to deacons in quarterly meeting
- Early May – Mid June: Search Team compiles data for Job Spec in preparation for Launch weekend (June 22-23)
- Mid May: Prayer initiative launched; Prayer events scheduled with over 20 prayer groups and Sunday School classes.
- 5/19: Update provided to FBCBA leadership at Lead Time
- 6/22 – 6/23: Launch Weekend with search criteria input from multiple Focus Groups representing various demographic and ministry groups